How Much Can a 2020 Toyota Tacoma Tow?
The 2020 Toyota Tacoma is a favorite of truck enthusiasts around Evergreen Park thanks to its reliable strength and suite of specialized towing features. So how much can the Toyota Tacoma tow? Whether you’re headed to Orland Park or elsewhere, the Tacoma can tow up to 6,800 pounds — enough for a motorized boat or large camper. Keep reading to learn more about the Tacoma’s towing capacity and features.
2020 Tacoma Towing Capacity by Trim Level
- How much can a Toyota Tacoma tow without any upgrades? Both the base Tacoma and the SR5 trim can handle 3,500 pounds. Equipped with the Toyota Tacoma tow package, both trims can tow 6,400 pounds.
- The Tacoma comes standard with a muscular 2.7L four-cylinder engine that delivers 150 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque.
- Upgrade to an available 3.5LV6 engine for a major boost: 278 horsepower and 265 pound-feet of torque.
- Combining the V6 engine and tow package upgrades achieves the maximum 6,800-pound towing capacity and 1,440 pounds payload capacity.
2020 Tacoma Tow Package Features
Max towing in an ideal situation is one thing — but how much can a Toyota Tacoma tow on unstable roadways or in bad weather? The Tacoma towing package adds specialized features for enhanced power, traction, and stability. That means reliable performance and safer towing, even when you’re working at max towing capacity in challenging driving situations.
- Standard on all Tacoma trims is a 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic transmission with intelligence (ECT-i).
- The Available Atkinson-cycle 3.5L V6 engine with Direct Injection maximizes fuel economy as well as towing and hauling power.
- Rough roads and thunderstorms are no match for intelligent features like Trailer-Sway Control. This feature actively senses driving conditions, and keeps the trailer steady with real-time adjustments of the brakes and wheel torque.
Find Your Tacoma With Oak Lawn Toyota
More From Oak Lawn Toyota
Oak Lawn Toyota treats customers just like family As the owner of Oak Lawn Toyota for nearly five decades, Ronnie Colosimo has seen many changes in the automotive industry. However, at his family business, one thing has never changed: treating each customer like family. Colosimo and the staff at Oak Lawn Toyota, 4320 W. 95th…
Toyota has upended the world of sedans with the release of the 2021 Corolla. It’s got everything you’ve come to expect from a Corolla, including impeccable safety features and great gas mileage, but the 2021 Toyota Corolla colors are another great reason to put this car in your Evergreen Park driveway. View Corolla Inventory Contact Us…
Fresh off its 2020 model year redesign, the Toyota Corolla returns in 2021 with upgraded features, performance, and connected services for Oak Lawn drivers. While the 2021 Toyota Corolla interior is similar in design to the 2020 model, its increased array of comfort and technology features make it one of the most comfortable, connected, and stylish…