Toyota Announces an All-Hybrid Sienna for 2021
Toyota Introduces the Fourth Generation All-Hybrid Sienna with All-New Tech and Amenities
Toyota reimagines the minivan for a new generation of drivers. Influenced by the “bold and robust character” of the SUV, the 2021 Sienna comes with an array of new tech and amenities. Further, the Sienna comes with a standard hybrid powertrain across all trims. The All-New Toyota Sienna raises the bar for style, safety, comfort, versatility, and fuel efficiency in its segment.
The 2021 Toyota Sienna is expected later this year. An exact date TBD. Similarly, pricing for the all-new Sienna has not been released.
2021 Sienna Design
- An all-new minivan structure based on the TNGA-K Platform.
- The front design was inspired by the iconic Shinkansen Japanese Bullet Train to appear sleek, speedy, and confident.
- The Sienna introduces the Bridge Console. The bridge sits high between the driver and passenger for ease of use and connects the instrument panel to the center armrest. This feature enables the driver to have convenient access to the shifter and necessary functions, along with cup holders, an available wireless charger, and ample storage bins for smaller items. Beneath the bridge is a large open area for the storage of larger personal items like a purse or bag.
- In addition, the Sienna boasts an available Super Long Slide second-row captain chairs which slide 25 inches.
2021 Sienna Safety
The 2021 Sienna comes standard with second-generation Toyota Safety Sense (TSS 2.0) with Automatic Emergency Braking. TSS 2.0 Includes:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection/Lowlight Detection
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Lane Trace Assist
- Automatic High Beams
- Road Sign Assist
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) is standard on all Sienna models
Additionally, the 2021 Sienna is equipped with 10 airbags and Toyota’s Star Safety System.
Toyota’s Star Safety System includes:
- Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Traction Control (TRAC)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Smart Stop Technology (SST)
Plus, Toyota introduces a new feature called the Rear Seat Belt Reminder to alert you if any of your passengers in the back aren’t buckled in.
2021 Sienna Technology
- The Sienna comes standard with a backup camera that shows the vehicle’s projected path. While higher grade models have a wide-angle monitor to show even more of what is behind the vehicle.
- Sienna comes with an available digital rear-view mirror. It functions as a standard mirror most of the time. But if rear-seat passengers or some cargo block the view to the rear, the touch of a switch makes all obstructions disappear, replaced by the camera’s image from behind the vehicle.
- The available Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan is the next best thing to launching a camera drone to look around the vehicle, but a lot easier to use. This tech provides a live, 360-degree view to help the driver to see potential obstacles.
- Further, the 2021 Sienna Platinum comes standard with a 10-inch color head-up display, controlled via voice recognition and steering wheel switch.
2021 Sienna Hybrid Powertrain
- The Toyota Hybrid System II delivers 243 total horsepower and a manufacturer-estimated 33 combined MPG fuel economy, the latter setting a benchmark for the segment.
- The Toyota Hybrid System II charges the hybrid battery automatically as the vehicle drives.
- The fourth-generation Sienna is strictly gas-and-go, but now with fewer stops for gas thanks to the hybrid system’s efficiency.
- Next, the 2021 Sienna is the only vehicle in its segment that combines a hybrid powertrain with AWD, and the system is available on all model grades.
- This AWD system uses a separate independent electric motor to power the rear wheels the instant additional traction is needed and at all vehicle speeds.
- Like the hybrid system, the Hybrid AWD system works seamlessly and transparently.
- During off-the-line starts, Hybrid AWD pre-emptively sends up to 80 percent of driving force to the rear wheels to help prevent front-wheel slip.
2021 Sienna Entertainment and Connectivity
- Toyota Audio (standard on LE grade):
- Includes a 9-in. touch-screen
- 6 speakers, AM/FM
- Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay®, and Amazon Alexa compatibility
- 7 USB Ports
- Hands-free Phone Capability, Advanced Voice Recognition, and Music Streaming via Bluetooth® Wireless Technology and SiriusXM® with 3-month All Access trial
- Toyota Connected Services include Safety Connect® with a 1-year trial and Wi-Fi Connect capability
- Toyota Audio Plus (standard for XLE, optional for LE): adds to the above:
- AM/FM/HD radio, 8 speakers, Siri® Eyes Free and Safety Connect® with 3-year trial, and Wi-Fi Connect powered by Verizon (up to 2GB within a 6-month trial).
- Toyota Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation (standard on XSE):
- Adds navigation to the Toyota Audio Plus system.
- Toyota Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation and JBL® Premium Audio (standard on Limited and Platinum, optional for XLE and XSE):
- Adds 12 speakers including subwoofer and 1,200-watt amplification,
- Plus Clari-Fi® digital restoration technology to Toyota Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation.
Toyota Limited Warranty
- Toyota’s 36-month/36,000 mile basic new-vehicle warranty applies to all components other than normal wear and maintenance items.
- Additional 60-month warranties cover the powertrain for 60-months/60,000 miles and against corrosion with no mileage limitation.
- Hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery control module, hybrid control module, and inverter with converter, are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles.
2021 Sienna Additional Features and Grades
- The Sienna comes with an onboard vacuum and refrigerator.
- Equipped with a tow rating up to 3,500 pounds.
- An available second and third-row sunshades.
- Also, the 2021 Sienna offers an available kick-type hands-free dual power sliding doors.