2020 Toyota RAV4 Towing Capacity
Who doesn’t want to take the boat to Lake Michigan when you live in the Evergreen Park area? Or maybe a weekend away from Orland Park in the RV is your thing. Get there in comfort while safely towing with the 2020 Toyota RAV4, which combines crossover SUV comfort with towing power. How much can the Toyota RAV4 tow? Up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. Take a look at the new RAV4’s towing capacity.
2020 Toyota RAV4 Towing: Conventional and Hybrid
A great engine means great towing capacity, and the 2020 Toyota RAV4 has just that, whether you opt for the conventional gasoline engine or the Toyota RAV4 LE Hybrid. Compare the specs of the conventional and hybrid engines:
Toyota RAV4 Conventional Engine
- 2.5L dynamic force four-cylinder engine with DOHC 16-valve with d-4s dual injection
- Dual variable valve timing with intelligence (vvt-i)
- 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque
- 3,500 pounds maximum towing capacity when properly equipped
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Engine
- 2.5L Dynamic Force four-cylinder DOHC 16-valve with VVT-i engine
- Direct Shift eight-speed Electronically Controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT).
- Combined 219 net system hp, with an EPA estimated 41 mpg / 38 mpg (city/highway)*.
- 1,750-pound maximum towing capacity
2020 RAV4 Performance
Along with their muscular engines, the 2020 Toyota RAV4 has many features that can enhance its towing performance. Just a few of them include:
- Available all-wheel drive and dynamic torque vectoring all-wheel drive (TV-AWD)
- Sport, ECO, and Normal drive modes
- Active Cornering Assist
- Mud and Sand, Rock and Dirt, and Snow modes on higher trims
- 8.4 to 8.5 inches of ground clearance
- Independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar
- Trailing wishbone-style multi-link rear suspension
- Power-assisted ventilated 12-inch front disc brakes
- Ventilated 11.1-inch rear disc brakes with Star Safety System™
- Direct Shift eight-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission
The parts center at Oak Lawn Toyota offers plenty of accessories to make towing easier, like tow mirrors and hitches.
Test Drive the 2020 Toyota RAV4 at Oak Lawn Toyota!
Whether you opt for conventional or hybrid, feel the power of the new Toyota RAV4 on the streets of Countryside for yourself. Schedule a test drive and get a taste of towing in comfort.
More About the 2020 RAV4
Who doesn’t want to take the boat to Lake Michigan when you live in the Evergreen Park area? Or maybe a weekend away from Orland Park in the RV is your thing. Get there in comfort while safely towing with the 2020 Toyota RAV4, which combines crossover SUV comfort with towing power. How much can the Toyota RAV4…
The 2020 Toyota RAV4 configurations are priced between $25,850 MSRP* and $34,380 MSRP*, making the new Toyota RAV4 an excellent choice for drivers. Finding the Toyota RAV4 configuration that has all of the features you want at a price that won’t break the bank has never been easier. What’s better is that when you drive…